Feed Iowa First oversees approximately 25 urban farm plots per year in Linn County and the safe procurement of produce donations from rural farm partners. The food grown is distributed to Linn County food pantries, soup kitchens and social service agencies at no cost. The Feed Iowa First Summer Vista member will be an assistant to the year round Vista Farm Coordinator. Responsibilities will vary and focus on several different aspects of Urban farming and Distribution of produce to local food insecure families and social service agencies. Farm tasks include weeding, watering, and harvesting at any of the 20 Urban growing partner sites. Distribution tasks include weighing and washing produce, recording where the produce is being distributed, accompanying the Farm Coordinator to drop-off sites, and participating in friendly and active conversations with the clients. The applicant should enjoy working outdoors and helping people within their community.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors.
- Some knowledge of gardening or farming.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with farming, gardening, landscaping, agronomy or conservation.
- Experience working with volunteers and leading activities.
- Experience with Microsoft OfficeSuite programs.
Job Type: 10-Week Contract Starting May 1st
To apply, send an email with resume and cover letter to Carter@FeedIowa1st.com