Feed Iowa First oversees approximately 25 urban farm plots per year in Linn County and the safe procurement of produce donations from rural farm partners. The food grown is distributed to Linn County food pantries, soup kitchens and social service agencies at no cost. The Feed Iowa First Volunteer Engagement and Event Coordinator is responsible for facilitating methods to recruit, retain and engage volunteers; and assist with organizational event planning and coordination. The Volunteer Engagement and Event Coordinator will primarily work out of the Feed Iowa First Shop and office located in the Oakhill Jackson neighborhood of Cedar Rapids.
Key areas of responsibility
- Explore and facilitate methods to retain and grow volunteer base
- Explore and facilitate methods to engage volunteers
- When appropriate, provide orientation and training to volunteers
- Maintain and update volunteer contact information and recording of volunteer hours
- Initiate and implement volunteer recognition efforts
- Assist with social media and volunteer communications
- Assist with organizational event planning and coordination
- Manage and oversee event day activities, including communicating with vendors, and managing set-up and tear-down
- Assist with social media and other methods to promote events
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Demonstrated skills to work effectively and relate well with people both internally and externally.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors.
- Demonstrated ability to safely coordinate groups of volunteers.
- Some knowledge of gardening or farming.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with farming, gardening, landscaping, agronomy or conservation.
- Experience working with volunteers and leading activities.
- Experience with health, wellness, diet and fitness.
- Experience with Microsoft OfficeSuite programs.
Successful candidates will be subject to credential and criminal background checks. All ages are encouraged to apply.
Job Type: Contract
To apply, send an email with resume and cover letter to Carter@FeedIowa1st.com