Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director (ED), is the key management leader of Feed Iowa First, committed to serving food insecure individuals and families. The Executive Director is responsible for overseeing staff and programs and implementing the strategic plan for the organization. Other key duties include fundraising, marketing, partnership development, compliance, and community outreach.
Board Development & Governance
• Responsible for leading Feed Iowa First in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors
• Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions
• Ensure compliance with bylaws and strong communication with the Board Chair
• Oversees fundraising events, all facets of donor management and donor development, including the use of software and best practices to engage our existing donor base.
• Work with the Donor Development and Strategic Funding (DDSF) committee to develop resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization
• Willing to meet one on one with identified potential donors and/or donor groups to ask for donations
• Provide fiscal management through development of an annual budget
• Develop and oversee a 1 and a 5-year strategic plan
• Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, municipal and other funders’ regulations
• Track and review monthly reports with the board Treasurer
• Assure Feed Iowa First’s mission, programs, products and services are presented in a positive manner, including donation campaigns and events.
• Establish and maintain supportive relationships with community groups and organizations
• Oversees the organization’s website, ensuring all content is relevant and up to date.
• Manage the human resources of the organization adhering to policies and procedures that conform to current laws and regulations
• Responsible for hiring and retention of competent, qualified staff
• Consult Board of Directors in matters of hire, promotion, transfer, and firing staff
• Strong written and oral communication skills; a concise and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills
• A bachelor’s degree or suitable work experience required; agriculture experience preferred
• Superior management skills, including fiscal management, personnel management, strategic planning, public relations, and fundraising
• Demonstrated ability to oversee and motivate board members, staff, and volunteers
• Track record for delivering superior results and working effectively with diverse groups of people
• Integrity, positive attitude, and passionate about the mission of Feed Iowa First; Combatting food insecurity by growing food and farmers
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required
INSTRUCTIONS FOR APPLICANTS:
• Email your resume, 2 letters of recommendation, and a detailed cover letter describing your qualifications for this ED position and your interest in leading Feed Iowa First to firstname.lastname@example.org
• Provide a writing sample; 500 words or more on the topic of: “What is food insecurity in Linn County?” or “How does Feed Iowa First improve our community?” or “How can Feed Iowa First empower its clients to sustain a healthy lifestyle.
No later than March 27, 2022.·