JOIN FEED IOWA FIRST
JOIN AMERICORPS & FEED IOWA FIRST
AmeriCorps VISTA members build capacity in nonprofit organizations and public agencies to help them more effectively generate the commitment of private sector resources, encourage volunteer service at the local level, and empower individuals and communities. AmeriCorps VISTA members serve full time for one-year terms.
COMMUNICATIONS & DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR
Organization:  Feed Iowa First
Location:  Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Working Title:   Development and Communications Coordinator
Type of Position:   AmeriCorps VISTA (Full-Time)
Salary:   AmeriCorps VISTA stipend
Program Benefits: Health Coverage*, Choice of Education Award or End of Service Stipend, Education award upon successful completion of service, Training, Relocation Allowance, Living Allowance, Childcare assistance if eligible.
*For details about AmeriCorps VISTA healthcare benefits, please visit http://www.vistacampus.gov/healthcare
Responsibilities include communicating our mission and activities to the public, publicizing events, compiling monthly newsletters, and taking care of other public relation duties; fundraising and grant writing, coordinating the Board of Director’s Fundraising Committee, and working directly with the Board of Directors to improve organizational structure and build upon a strategic plan for Feed Iowa First.
Key areas of responsibility
Fundraising and Development
- Coordinate fundraising committee meetings and work as a team to seek out and write grants.
- Keep track of grant schedule and reporting requirements.
- Work with the fundraising committee in coordinating fundraising strategies, events, and outreach.
- Use our donor database to strategize and implement new fundraising measures, especially targeting individual and recurring donors.
- Work with the Board of Directors to develop and implement a strategic plan.
- Gather and write stories to publish on the Feed Iowa First website’s blog and for use in the print and digital newsletters, featuring Feed Iowa First’s efforts, activities, volunteers, clients, and donors.
- Create original content to be used to communicate Feed Iowa First’s story to the community.
- Frequently update the social media channels, including Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube, to keep our followers in the know.
- Design print and digital graphics as well as videos to promote volunteer events, use for reporting, and any other marketing needs.
- Document events through photography and social media.
- Along with the Board of Directors and other AmeriCorps VISTAs, act as a spokesperson for Feed Iowa First, which can include TV and newspaper interviews and communicating our mission and work to the general public.
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Demonstrated skills to work effectively and relate well with people both internally and externally.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated attention to detail, accuracy and strong organizational skills.
- Experience with personal computers, working knowledge of word processing (Microsoft Word).
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with video production and video editing software.
- Experience with minor website updates and posting.
- Familiarity with Adobe programs including InDesign and Photoshop or graphic tools.
Successful candidates will be subject to credential and criminal background checks.