Social Media, Marketing, Donor Development Coordinator
Interested in connecting with your community, impacting your local food system, and learning on the job about marketing, funding development, and working in non-profit? Join the Feed Iowa First team as our Social Media Marketing, Education, and Donor Development AmeriCorps VISTA member.
As a VISTA member at Feed Iowa First, you will be involved in all five programs within our organization; Grow Don’t Mow, Grow Some Rows, Don’t Waste Donate, Distribution, and Equitable Land Access (ELA). With the Executive Director, you will build and streamline a system for social media outreach, maintain a unified brand voice across different social media platforms, identify outreach, social media donor developments, help structure and design the annual report, support ELA Farmers in setting up their social media and marketing platforms, host monthly educational classes, promote events and volunteer opportunities, and work with staff to expand the donor database.
Commitment: 1 year. September 2023-August 2024. Full-time but flexible with school.
- Organization and adaptation in a dynamic working environment are imperative
- Work autonomously and problem solve
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Experience with Microsoft OfficeSuite and email
- Enjoys working with people and the public
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Projects & Activities:
- Building and streamlining a system for social media outreach.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook and potentially WhatsApp.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Building program tags to connect platforms
- Identify outreach, who we want to reach and with what content
- Widen cultural outreach to diverse communities, including language translation
- Social Media Donor Develop Plan for giving days
- Help structure and design the annual report
- Working in tandem with the ED, FM and Distribution Coor., consolidate data regarding fields, volunteering and distribution statistics.
- Support Equitable Land Access Farmers in setting up their social media and marketing
- Work with staff to learn Donor Perfect system and expand donor database with potential donors.
- Help programs and staff grow through lines of funding. The VISTA will research and build a database of applicable program grants and be active in drafting, submitting, and reporting on grants.
- Organize and build out potential grants including deadlines and categorization by program.
- Drafting a minimum of five narrative grants
- Support writing grant goals and reporting
- Leave Feed Iowa First with a portfolio of social media work and marketing visual designs.
- Deepen understanding of social media engagement through various platforms, including understanding how diverse cultural and immigrant communities use social media
- Functional knowledge of donor database systems and growing donor data
- Knowledge of Annual Report data and design
- Have marketable grant writing experience and skills
- Experience with planning and leading educational events
- Knowledge of where to look for grants and the application process
- Experience working with diverse communities
Pay Rate and Compensation
- This role is an AmeriCorps VISTA Member position
Stipend of $877.66 biweekly ($22,819/yr)Full benefits Overview can be reviewed at – https://americorps.gov/members-volunteers/vista/benefits
Please send your resume and letter of interest to Kit@FeedIowa1st.com
Apply directly through link below. https://my.americorps.gov/mp/listing/viewListing.do?fromSearch=true&id=120212