Social Media, Marketing, Donor Development Coordinator
Join the Feed Iowa First Team! Feed Iowa First oversees approximately 20+ Urban Farm sites at any one time throughout the season in the Linn County area, as well as the safe aggregation of produce donations from rural farm partners, Equitable Land Access Farmers, and backyard gardeners. The food grown is distributed directly to food-insecure neighborhoods, local food pantries, and social service agencies at no cost, no questions asked.
The Social Media, Marketing, and Donor Development Coordinator will create a marketing plan to increase awareness, generate program visibility, secure funding, and build long-term partnerships. Create and maintain a social media presence that is unified across all platforms and targeted to specific audiences to encourage community members to: connect with clients we serve, actively engage in food insecurity work, raise awareness about social issues and hunger in our community, and gain support. At the end of the term, the VISTA member will have generated a social media system that is integrated with marketing that will help Feed Iowa First meet the growing food access needs in the community.
Commitment: 1 year. August 2022-August 2023. Full-time.
- Organization and adaptation in a dynamic working environment are imperative
- Work autonomously and problem solve
- Understanding of social media platforms
- Experience with Microsoft OfficeSuite and email
- Enjoys working with people and the public
- Must be at least 18 years of age
Projects & Activities:
- Building and streamlining a system for social media outreach.
- Maintain unified brand voice across different social media channels, including Instagram, Facebook and potentially WhatsApp.
- Develop and curate engaging content for social media platforms.
- Building program tags to connect platforms
- Identify outreach, who we want to reach and with what content
- Widen cultural outreach to diverse communities, including language translation
- Social Media Donor Develop Plan for giving days
- Help structure and design the annual report
- Working in tandem with the ED, FM and Distribution Coor., consolidate data regarding fields, volunteering and distribution statistics.
- Support Equitable Land Access Farmers in setting up their social media and marketing
- Work with staff to learn Donor Perfect system and expand donor database with potential donors.
- Help programs and staff grow through lines of funding. The VISTA will research and build a database of applicable program grants and be active in drafting, submitting, and reporting on grants.
- Organize and build out potential grants including deadlines and categorization by program.
- Drafting a minimum of five narrative grants
- Support writing grant goals and reporting
- Leave Feed Iowa First with a portfolio of social media work and marketing visual designs.
- Deepen understanding of social media engagement through various platforms, including understanding how diverse cultural and immigrant communities use social media
- Functional knowledge of donor database systems and growing donor data
- Knowledge of Annual Report data and design
- Have marketable grant writing experience and skills
- Knowledge of where to look for grants and application process
- Experience working with diverse communities
Pay Rate and Compensation
- This role is an AmeriCorps VISTA Member position
- Stipend of $14,000-$15,000
- Health Benefits
- Educational award in the amount of $6,000+ provided on successful completion of 1-year contract
Please send resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org