Feed Iowa First oversees approximately 27 Urban Farm Sites per year in Linn County, with the organization handling the safe production and distribution of nutrient-dense foods to neighborhoods facing food-insecurity in Linn County, as well as food pantries, soup kitchens and social service agencies at no cost. The Feed Iowa First Volunteer & Marketing Coordinator will be responsible for facilitating methods to recruit, retain and engage volunteers, as well as the maintenance of social and traditional media…including the consistence of brand narrative and content generation.
Key areas of responsibility
- Explore and facilitate methods to retain and grow volunteer base
- Explore and facilitate methods to engage volunteers
- When appropriate, provide orientation and training to volunteers
- Maintain and update volunteer contact information and recording of volunteer hours
- Initiate and implement volunteer recognition efforts
- Assist with social media and volunteer communications
Marketing & Communication
- Manage social media platforms, maintaining a consistent narrative
- Unique content generation
- Assist with the creation of the marketing plan
- Manage and oversee event day activities, including communicating with vendors, and managing set-up and tear-down
- Demonstrated project management skills, including the ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks.
- Demonstrated skills to work effectively and relate well with people both internally and externally.
- Graphic design capabilities
- Social media coordination
- Valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Must be comfortable working outdoors.
- Demonstrated ability to safely coordinate groups of volunteers.
- Some knowledge of gardening or farming.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Experience with farming, gardening, landscaping, agronomy or conservation.
- Experience working with volunteers and leading activities.
- Experience with Microsoft OfficeSuite programs.
Job Type: Americorps Contract – 1 Year
For more questions and to send a resume, please contact: email@example.com